The “I’m Amazing” Bowl
Let me introduce you to my little friend.
There are three main ingredients:
- protein (grilled chicken in this case)
- green (micro arugula – seriously, WAY more tastier that full-grown arugula)
- grain (Alessi Organic Farro)
Then, get crazy with toppings:
Since it’s summer, I just added a ton of fresh veggies we had on-hand, but this is where you get your chance to get creative!
- raw corn shaved off the cob, 1 ear
- sliced avocado
- one small heirloom tomato, chopped
- sprinkle of fresh raw cheddar cheese from an update farmer
You’ll want a dressing:
To pull it all together you want a dressing that is both light and refreshing without being calorie-dense. We went with a lemon balsamic vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Reduction
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Who is Alessi?
As a former farmer myself, I can respect the Alessi family – a young entrepreneur who took a risk to create his own company, inspired by the risks taken by his emigrating parents before him who traveled to America at the end of World War II. Each Alessi product is a result from the family’s own hard work and is created in inspiration of the family’s traditional Sicilian recipes. They use fresh ingredients to produce original products from solid family recipes at economical prices. You gotta love and give love to the American dream come true.
This is a sponsored post, thanks for supporting Sweaty Stephy.